The training seminar was organized in the frame of the AUTHENTIC-OLIVE-NET project, and lasted from 27/07/2021 to 30/07/2021. The 18 participants attended the seminar through an on-line training platform.
The training material was produced by the project partners: ELGO DEMETER and ASSOPROLI BARI and included the following modules:
– Short presentation of AUTHENTIC-OLIVE-NET project
– Conceptual approach of the Authenticity of Agricultural Products and certification methods.
– The existing framework and certification procedures for olive oils in Greece and Italy
– The olive oil authentication system developed in the AUTHENTIC-OLIVE-NET project
– Presentation of the 1st Pillar – Origin
– Presentation of the 2nd Pillar – Production Methods and Cultivation Techniques
– Presentation of the 3rd Pillar – Quality / Chemical Analysis / Sensory Methods
– The Common Values and Criteria to ensure the authenticity of olive oils
– Small taste training